Wesley Community Center, Inc.
ROOMS AND EQUIPMENT
Wesley Community Center, Inc. (WCCI) has public rooms available to support WCCI-sponsored programs for the community. At the discretion of WCCI during normal operating hours, the Center’s Management will make available its unscheduled room time slots for public gatherings. Activities that interfere with normal functions of the Center are prohibited. Final decisions on room availability and use reside with the Executive Director. WCCI reserves the right to review and make changes to this policy at any time without notification.
Applications are only available by contacting the Center’s Administrative Assistant. An organization may reserve rooms for no more than one year without reapplying. If a meeting is cancelled, the Administration Office must be notified at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify WCCI Management of cancellations may result in the organization’s inability to use or reserve rooms in the future. Please check WCCI’s hours of operation to ensure adequate notice is given.
Individuals or organizations booking rooms or renting equipment must sign a copy of these policies and procedures to indicate agreement. Organization rentals must have these policies and procedures signed by an officer or authorized representative of the organization. Reservations and equipment rentals will be confirmed and booked in the order received by WCCI Management. Reservations must be made at least one week before the rental date.
At the time of confirmation for the reservation of a room or equipment, a non-refundable deposit will be assessed. The deposit amount is 25% of the total amount of the rental.
- Example: The North meeting room is reserved for two hours:
- Total Fee: $60 Deposit: $15 Remainder Due: $45
Payment must be made by cash or check at least seven days prior to the scheduled event or meeting. Room reservations will not be held if payment is not received at least seven days before the scheduled meeting. Checks are to be made out to Wesley Community Center.
ROOM RENTAL FEES
- North Meeting Room – $30 an hour
- South Meeting Room – $20 an hour
- Computer Lab – $20 an hour
- Multi-Purpose Room – $60 an hour
- Gym – $20 an hour
AFTER HOURS ROOM RENTALS
- A $10 per hour fee will be added for all meetings outside regular business hours (M-F, 9:00AM-5:00PM)
(Events away from WCCI)
- Chairs – $2.00 per chair for up to 2 days (Increases to $2.00 per day after 3rd day)
- Table – $8.00 per table for up to 2 days (Increases to $16.00 per day after 3rd day)
- One meeting annually up to 2 hours – No charge (Excluding Multi-Purpose Room; After hours fee is applicable outside regular business hours)
Non-profit groups are required to provide an IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter to verify its non-profit status.
- The responsible party must present the signed agreement in person to the Center’s Administrative Assistant. Reservations will not be confirmed by telephone.
- Any events or meetings requiring a fee to be charged is prohibited from being held at WCCI by any organization or individual.
- All printed material advertising the meeting, including newspaper advertisement must include the following disclaimer: “Use of Wesley Community Center, Inc. meeting space does not constitute endorsement of this organization, this program or its content by the Wesley Community Center, Inc.”
- Any publicity, including brochures, flyers, radio and TV announcements, newspaper ads, etc., must carry the name and telephone number of the individual or organization sponsoring the meeting. WCCI may not be identified or implied as a sponsor. WCCI’s telephone number may not appear on the publicity.
- Publicity for an event, e.g., notice on a Wesley Bulletin Board, flyers to be placed on a Wesley giveaway table, etc., may be allowed with prior arrangement and permission from the Center’s Executive Director.
- All members of the organization and the audience attending the meeting must vacate the building by 8:45 PM.
- Organizations must provide their own equipment for audio-visual or multimedia-based presentations. If equipment is needed, there may be a further agreement to have equipment available. There may be a fee for use of Center equipment and the responsible party must assume all liability for Center equipment (including replacement cost).
- Arrangements requiring janitorial assistance such as moving of any furniture should be made at the time of booking and requires a minimum of one week notice prior to the meeting.
- Rooms must be left in the same condition as found at the beginning of the event. Trash must be placed in receptacles provided and tables and chairs left in the arrangement found at the beginning of the event. Renters will be liable for any damages to the property.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and light refreshments may be served in public meeting rooms. Serving refreshments must not interfere with WCCI operations and will be prohibited if there will be interference. Refreshments are prohibited in the Computer Lab.
- Smoking is not permitted in WCCI and smoking must occur at least 25 feet from any public entrance.
- No tipping of WCCI employees is permitted.
- WCCI Management will not assume liability for any properties the organization may bring to the Center for use in connection with an event.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Center may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- It is understood that inquiries concerning the meeting may be referred to the undersigned.
- WCCI Management reserves the right to monitor compliance with these regulations.
- Comments, questions, or concerns regarding this policy can be addressed to the Administrative Assistant of WCCI.