LOOKING FOR AN INTERNSHIP?
What is an internship?
An internship is an opportunity for students to gain work experience in a field of their interest. By getting that experience students not only develop the knowledge and skills necessary for that career field but they also get the opportunity to discover if that field is really for them. Although college courses can help a student prepare for a future career, getting hands on experience allows a student to be truly successful and gives them a competitive edge. Think about it this way, a internship for a student interested in photography will look very different from a student looking to go into marketing.
Pathways offers internship opportunities for students of Montgomery County. Not sure what you’re looking for? No problem. We work with students individually to make sure we find the right path for them. We offer other resources such as resume building, interview tips and mock interviews, provide work clothes, bus passes to internship sites, food resources, a program for mothers, and other services through our partnerships. Students can obtain enriching developmental work experiences in Public health, Information Technology, Construction and various other occupations.
- Current college student (must have completed one year)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Drug free
- Residence of Montgomery County
- Resume if applicable
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Qualifying transcripts of the most recent year completed
Students! Get hands on experience. Internships range from Information Technology (IT) and Construction to Culinary and Sewing. Looking for ways to boost your portfolio. This Pathways Program is the one for you!
INTERESTED IN GETTING ON THE RIGHT PATH CLICK HERE
Internship Sites on the Internet
- Student Conservation Association
- Begin Looking Early
- Certain industries and internships may have deadlines when it comes to applying. Make sure you plan ahead and look to your Career Services Office for assistance on which ones recruit early.
- Identify Career Interests
- The Importance of Networking
- Use Online Resources
- Attend Career Fairs
- Contact Employers
- Become an Entrepreneur
- Gain Experience Post Graduate/ Career Changing